Michael P. Mood, CPA
Mike is a senior manager in BBD’s Not-For-Profit and Government Groups. He exclusively serves not-for-profit organizations as well as various government entities.
Mike has more than 15 years of accounting experience, with nearly 10 years dedicated exclusively to the service of not-for-profit organizations and government entities.
Mike understands the unique aspects of government accounting and has extensive experience with Pennsylvania school district audits. He also specializes in the following:
- Uniform Guidance compliance
- Reporting requirements included in the Government Auditing Standards
In addition to his work with government entities and not-for-profit organizations, Mike dedicated six years of his career to corporate accounting at a national investment banking firm.
- Goldey-Beacom College- Bachelor of Science, accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Castle County Head Start, Inc.- Board of Directors, Treasurer and Finance Committee Chairperson
"Accounting for government entities is extremely specialized. BBD has experienced people who work solely on these government audits, which means the people are just as specialized and focused as the work they are completing. This is what makes BBD's Not-For-Profit and Government Groups uniquely successful."