Melissa C. Dunn, CPA
Melissa is a principal in our Not-For-Profit Group with 11 years of accounting and auditing experience dedicated to the service of not-for-profit organizations.
Melissa serves a variety of not-for-profit organizations, including environmentally-focused organizations, social services organizations, professional societies and private schools. She has extensive experience with:
- Endowment accounting, including knowledge of Pennsylvania Act 141 and the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA)
- Issues related to donor restrictions
- Grants and funding from the Department of Human Services
- City of Philadelphia Subrecipient Audit Guide
- Uniform Guidance
In addition to leading the audits of many of our not-for-profit clients, Melissa has a deep understanding of the tax issues affecting these organizations. She has extensive experience with the federal Form 990 and its many variants as well as Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) concerns.
Melissa is also active in training BBD Not-For-Profit Group staff.
- Ursinus College- Bachelor of Arts, business and economics
- Phi Beta Kappa
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Catechist at her local church
"My time with the Not-For-Profit Group at BBD has been both professionally and personally rewarding. Being part of such an experienced and accomplished team has allowed me to expand my knowledge of this challenging industry. Our team members enjoy learning from each other to keep BBD the best in the business."