John V. Braun Jr., CPA, MBA
John is a partner in our Investment Management Group with more than 20 years of accounting and auditing experience.
Throughout John's career, he has collaborated with clients and other industry professionals on accounting and assurance issues for registered and private investment companies, including for:
- Mutual funds
- Exchange-traded funds
- Closed-end funds
- Interval funds
- Funds of funds
- Funds with consolidated foreign corporations
- Master/Feeder structures
- Cayman Islands-registered funds
He maintains significant expertise with the proper accounting and presentation of the following:
- Funds with various underlying investments, including foreign investments; private settlements; life settlement contracts; REIT holdings; underlying funds; asset-backed securities; and derivatives
- Accounting for and implementation of incentive fee arrangements
- Fund reorganizations
- Master/Feeder level allocation considerations
John has written for such publications as Ignites and Pennsylvania CPA Journal and regularly presents on GAAP, SEC regulations and GAAS to clients, industry partners and BBD personnel.
- Rutgers University- Bachelor of Science, accounting
- Drexel University- Master of Business Administration, concentration in management information systems
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
"What I most appreciate about being in the Investment Management Group at BBD is working in an industry that can truly have an impact on the average person's future and doing this work with a group of professionals who appreciate this as well. I really believe that BBD is at the top of the list for the services we provide in the industry, both because of our knowledge and our hands-on approach."