John V. Braun Jr., CPA, MBA
John is a partner in our Investment Management Group with 20 years of accounting and auditing experience.
His expertise with the complex accounting, audit, and tax issues related to investment companies includes:
- Fair valuation and pricing issues
- Multi-class preferential treatment considerations
- Accounting for and implementation of Fulcrum Fee arrangements
- Transitioning of accounting and tax records relating to fund mergers
- Accounting and tax reporting of return of capital distributions
- Accounting, audit and tax issues related to international funds, fixed income funds, and funds of funds, among other investment strategies
John’s extensive experience also includes Service Organization Control engagements.
John has written for such publications as Ignites and Pennsylvania CPA Journal and regularly presents on GAAP, SEC regulations and GAAS to service providers, clients, and BBD personnel.
Prior to joining BBD, John served as a manager in the Forensic Litigation Consulting Group of a publicly owned, international professional services firm, where he provided consultation to Fortune 500 companies and national CPA firms on issues relating to GAAP, SEC Regulations and GAAS.
- Rutgers University- Bachelor of Science, accounting
- Drexel University- Master of Business Administration, concentration in management information systems
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
"What I most appreciate about being in the Investment Management Group at BBD is working in an industry that can truly have an impact on the average person's future and doing this work with a group of professionals who appreciate this as well. I really believe that BBD is at the top of the list for the services we provide in the industry, both because of our knowledge and our hands-on approach."