Jennifer L. Solot, CPA, MST
Jennifer is a tax director in our firm’s Not-For-Profit Group and directs all tax services for our firm’s more than 250 not-for-profit clients.
She has dedicated her 20 years of experience in public accounting to serving as a tax resource for not-for-profit organizations.
Jennifer’s not-for-profit tax expertise includes the preparation and review of various federal and state not-for-profit annual reporting requirements, including:
- Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax
- Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption
- FinCEN Report 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts
- Form 1042, Annual Withholdings Tax Return for U.S. Source Income of Foreign Persons
Jennifer has been instrumental in identifying the complex Foreign Form filing requirements for several of our not-for-profit clients. Because failure to file these Forms can carry rigid penalties, Jennifer designed a custom flowchart to assist clients in understanding their need to file and alleviate the confusion surrounding these Foreign Forms.
She has extensive experience with intermediate sanctions reporting, unrelated business income recognition, charitable contribution substantiation requirements, and federal tax exemption revocation and reinstatement. Jennifer also has represented not-for-profit clients in IRS audits.
- Drexel University- Bachelor of Arts, accounting
- Drexel University- Master of Science, taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Served for three years on the AICPA Regulation Subcommittee, which assists with CPA Exam content development
- Upper Moreland Township School District- Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Upper Moreland Township School District- Chair, Budget/Finance Committee
- Upper Moreland Township School District- Member, Facilities Committee
- Montgomery County Legislative Committee- District Representative
"I came to BBD because of the changing dynamics of public accounting in Philadelphia. Mergers and acquisitions seem to be gobbling up the regional firms. BBD, one of the remaining regional firms in the area, has given me the opportunity to service my clients one on one, building lasting relationships with them."