James S. Lelko, CPA, MST
Jim Lelko is a tax director with our firm and has more than 30 years of experience within the investment management industry.
Jim's experience includes more than a decade as a tax partner within a Big Four firm.
He maintains significant expertise with the issues and trends related to investment company taxation, including for:
- Mutual funds
- Exchange-traded funds
- Hedge funds
- Cayman Islands registered funds
- Private equity funds
- Venture capital funds
As a partner within a Big Four accounting firm, Jim managed a team of 140 tax professionals.
Jim’s experience within the investment management industry also includes:
- Determining year-end distribution requirements for regulated investment companies
- Developing offshore fund structures for private investment fund sponsors
- Speaking at conferences on tax-efficient investing for private funds
- Effectively identifying connected income issues for non-U.S. investment platforms
- Working with the IRS on tax controversies and other audit matters for private investment funds
- U.S. tax reporting for non-U.S. investment platforms
- Cleveland State University - Bachelor of Business Administration, finance
- Northeastern University - Master of Science, taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society