Lori C. Ehleben, CPA
Lori is a partner with our firm and has more than 25 years of experience in public accounting serving the investment management industry, including both registered and unregistered investment companies as well as registered investment advisors and securities broker-dealers.
Lori’s knowledge of the mutual fund industry includes both open and closed-end funds, funds with multi-class structures and funds of funds.
Lori also has extensive experience with regulatory filing review, including semi-annual and annual reports, and prospectuses.
Lori’s expertise includes:
- Financial reporting and partner allocation issues related to unregistered investment companies
- Mutual fund start-ups
- Accounting and tax reporting of return of capital distributions and limited partnership pass-through income
- Excise tax distribution matters
Her expertise also includes mutual fund excise tax and dividend calculation matters, and Lori uses proprietary firm programs to compute and coordinate required income tax and excise tax distributions.
Prior to joining BBD, Lori was a partner in another registered investment company audit practice.
- Temple University- Bachelor of Science, accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
"I enjoy working in the Investment Management Group because our clients are wonderful. Not only do I enjoy the work we do for them, but I also like that we have the opportunity to meet many of them on a regular basis despite cross-country distances. These personal relationships are unique."